3D Character Animator (m/f/d)
Do you love bringing people together to create something great? Gaming runs in your blood? Then we might be looking for you.
We are Sandbox Interactive, an ambitious 40-person game studio in the heart of Berlin. Since 2012, we have been developing the core online game Albion Online, which has already established itself as the first truly cross-platform MMO for Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS and Android. Albion Online launched successfully in July 2017. The game exploded into the global mass market with its Free-to-Play release in April 2019 and enabled us to take Albion Online to the next level. Now, we are looking for great colleagues to join us on this journey.
Are you ready for your next career step?
- Create new character keyframe animations for humanoid and non-humanoid characters from scratch (no mo-cap).
- Improve and polish existing animation assets as needed.
- Work independently and take ownership of your tasks.
- Integrate animations into gamedata and test animations ingame.
- Work with the art director and game designers to match the given style and pay attention to gameplay requirements for animations.
- Identify potential improvements in the animation workflow and specify tool requirements for the development team.
- You are an expert in 3D keyframe animation in Maya.
- Experience in Unity is a plus.
- You have experience in bringing characters to life in game or film.
- You have a feeling for strong character posing and how weight behaves in movement.
- You understand the need for tight timings in a responsive, action-oriented combat system.
- Fluency in English is a requirement, as it is our primary language.
- German language skills are a plus.
- You have a passion for video games.
- Personal experience playing MMORPGs is a plus.
- Global reach: You will join a team of industry experts to shape our game that is enjoyed by hundreds of thousands of people worldwide.
- Sustainable business: You will be part of a successful company that focuses on long-term growth rather than on venture capital gambling.
- No crunch time: You will enjoy the excitement of shaping a global gaming experience without the typical release crunch times.
- Career progress: You will have a high degree of autonomy from the start and the support to follow your own career goals.
- Gaming-driven culture: You will join a supportive team of leading gaming experts with a strong passion for what they do.
- Modern office in a top location: You will work in the heart of Berlin in a central and vibrant neighborhood with plenty of restaurants and bars.
- Start-Up perks: You will enjoy free drinks, food, team events and a blazing-fast working machine.
HOW TO APPLY
Are you ready to take your career to the next level? Send us your CV and a cover letter that includes your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you and working with you!