Update "Elaine" / Version 1.0.297 - REV 61187 / 28 September 2016
While the design team is busy analysing the data collected from final beta, reading through your feedback on the forums and developing plans for the future, the art team has been continuing on our quest to bring more visual variety to the world of Albion.
Today, we're introducing Albion's most lush biome yet: the Highlands. Their wild waterfalls and mighty rock formations go well with the return of the Keeper Faction, who've made a home in the Highlands of Albion.
The update also brings several important fixes which were developed in between August's patches and a few balance adjustments. Some of these changes are a little experimental, so expect us to follow with additional adjustments as soon as we've drawn conclusions from their impact.
Finally, while we were awaiting results of the first months of testing, the code team has finally been able to work some magic and improve the underlying technology behind many of Albion's systems. They're not quite done yet, and especially large fights are being further optimized, but you should already notice a significant reduction in "stuttering" and a performance increase in situations with many characters, in particular cities. Additionally, mobile devices have been running significantly more stable in our tests.
That is it for now, but very soon we'll be able to share more about our plans regarding Albion's Road to Launch!
Until then: stay safe out there, and don't let the Keepers get you!
The Highlands arrive! Half of the old Mountain areas have been switched to the new Highlands biome. Highlands are hilly areas, featuring rock, ore and wood. They are inhabited by the Keepers of Albion, who guard the land from all who would seek to despoil it (this includes you).
- Keeper artifacts are now available, rounding out the full selection of items at the Gateway power level.
- Hell artifacts are also available for all item types; these are more powerful than existing artifacts, and can be obtained from Demon Bosses.
- Reduced all resource weights by 40%.
- Added an option to set the intensity of spell area indicators.
- Biomes can now spawn their least-common resource type (eg wood for Highlands, ore for Steppe) all the way up to Elder resources.
- Swamp areas now have a full set of swamp-specific mobs. (Note that this does not apply to areas which will be converted to Forest in future.)
- In case you have been banned, the login screen will now display the reason for this action.
- All salvageable items should now drop silver on knockdown/death.
- Leaving unrestricted PvP Areas while in combat will not instantly cancel the unrestricted PvP mode. This means when a player engages in combat close to a treasure chest, he can be downed without any reputation loss, even if the player leaves the circle again.
- Significantly reduced memory allocation per frame, which should reduce stuttering in scenes with many characters.
- Added new visual effects for harvesting actions!
- Empower Beam
- The damage buff now stacks up over time, starts with 50% damage bonus and maxes out with 140%
- Cooldown: 10s -> 15s
- Channel Duration: 7s -> 5s
- Now purges all buffs at the moment it is cast, but no longer removes all the buffs on the target for several seconds after the cast.
- New W-Slot ability: Internal Bleeding
- New Q-Slot ability: Exploding Shot
- New W-Slot ability: Noise Eraser
- Area Radius: 1.5m -> 2m
- Slow Duration: 2s -> 3s
- Damage per tick: 44.46 -> 31.26
- Added a damage-over-time element to the ability. (The ability's total damage output stayed the same, but a portion of the damage is applied over time.)
- Frost Nova
- Root no longer breaks on damage
- Root Duration: 3.22 -> 2.19
- Damage: 41.86 -> 69.76
- Frost Bomb
- Damage: 96.89 -> 129.19
- Slow Strength: 33% -> 40%
- Freezing Wind
- Root no longer breaks on damage
- Root Duration: 3.22 -> 1.57
- Energy: 15 -> 16
- Ice Storm
- Damage no longer stacks up
- Damage per tick: 10.97 -> 29.25
- Flash Heal
- Cast Time: 1.5s -> 1s
- Heal: 73.13 -> 43.88
- Energy Cost: 6 -> 4
- Holy Blessing
- Cast Time: 1s -> 0s
- Additional Healing Gained: 21% -> 30%
- Heal per Tick: 7.20 -> 5.96
- Spell Unlocking Order
- Pull Area: Tier 8+ -> Tier 5+
- Interrupt: Tier 5+ -> Tier 8+
- Rejuvenating Mushroom
- The heal over time can now be stacked up to 3 times
- Cooldown: 5s -> 3s
- Energy Cost: 9 -> 6
- Heal per Tick: 51.11 -> 36.56
- Ticks: 3 -> 4
- Poison Thorns
- The poison now spreads to all enemies in close proximity (3m radius).
- Cast Time: 1.5s -> 1s
- Damage per Tick: 14.13 -> 11.96
- Bonus CC Duration has been removed from all armors.
- Frost Shield
- Armor Increase: 0.35 -> 0.30
- This ability has been reworked to have a 2s channel.
- Range: 11m -> 8m
- Delayed Teleport
- Delay: 2s -> 1.5s
- Sprint Shield
- Duration: 6s -> 4s
- Fixed Grandmaster resource nodes of ore, fiber and hide not respawning.
- Fixed dryads turning invisible on death.
- Fixed various bugs with the Ambush ability, like the first damage stack height beeing inconsistent and sometimes reapplying the invisibility after attacking.
- Fixed a problem with Journeyman Hell mobs dropping Journeyman fragments (which should no longer be dropped).
- Fixed Groundbreak ability stunning players which moved into the area after the cast.
- Fixed an issue where Gallop would not cancel correctly when standing still.
- Fixed an issue with Gallop on rare mounts not gaining correct cooldown when attacked.
- Fixed an issue where drag and drop sound effect would play even when nothing was being dragged.
- Fixed an issue where crafting a Grandmaster's Ox would sometimes return the ox.
- Fixed an issue where placed furniture would incorrectly say it was decaying in 0 seconds.
- Fixed an issue where you could feed an animal while it was waiting for offspring to be collected, wasting the food.
- Fixed some (but not all) issues where mission-givers had no missions in some locations.
- Fixed an issue where King's Highland Muster was incorrectly charging for travel to and from it.
- Fixed an issue where the Adrenaline Rush ability on Axes pausing auto-attacks.
- Fixed an issue where the Charge ability on Claymores was not cleanseable.
- Fixed an issue where right-clicking an empty equipment slot would cause an error.
- Fixed some display issues on the Destiny Board.
- Fixed some issues where Morgana furniture could not be placed.
- Removed the ability to sell partially full journals in the market; this was never intended and was thus not properly handled.
- Fixed an issue where alt-tabbing would set the in-game resolution to maximum.
- Fixed some issues with incorrect mobs spawning in dungeons.
- Fixed some issues with resource values of baby and grown animals.
- Fixed some issues with guards in GvG territories.
- Fixed an issue with the way offspring chance was calculated for farmed animals.
- Fixed some issues with the way unrestricted PvP areas work (eg around treasure chests); you should now stay in unrestricted mode until you leave combat.
- Fixed numerous rigging/skinning/animation issues.
- Removed some invisible walls in raid regions.
- Fixed numerous other level design issues.