Galahad is here, one of the final steps before the release of Albion Online on July 17, 2017!
This update brings an incredible amount of changes to the world of Albion. We have reworked the entire world, bringing in a new Royal Continent and Outlands, as well as biome-specific cities. The world map has also gotten a make-over, making it more immersive and believable. On top of that, the open world PvE has been completely revamped with massive guardians, random camps, home bases and more. No time to venture into the world? Explore one of seven new Expeditions instead!
Continue reading below to find out about all new features and content in Galahad. A detailed list of all new features and changes can be found in the changelog (to be added on March 13).
In order to prepare for Galahad, the Albion live servers will go down on March 10 at 10:00 UTC and will come back on March 13. During the downtime, all data will be wiped. You will get back all your Founder items, Gold purchased through the website and referral rewards upon logging in after the wipe.
Legendary Founders will be able to explore Galahad on March 13, Epic Founders on March 14 and Veteran Founders on March 15.
New World: Outlands
The new Outlands are designed around different hubs (high-end, mid and low), forcing guilds of the same strength to settle close to each other. This combined with a plethora of hotspots will ensure that the Outlands will be the place to be for guilds and PvP.
Learn more about the Outlands here.
New World: Royal Continent
The Royal Continent is shaped like a pie chart, with each slice being a biome with its own city. At the center, where all biomes meet and deep in the red zones, lies a central city. Each zone and city has its own purpose, reducing the amount of ghost towns and dead zones.
Learn more about the new Royal Continent here.
World Map and Underground Passages
Not only have the visuals been greatly improvement, the new world map also has various zoom settings and is better at displaying relevant information.
On top of that, the world of Albion now features various landmarks such as mountains and ravines that will make it impossible to travel certain routes… unless you find a hidden underground passage! Do you dare to go in?
In order to make cities more believable, as well as making them more worthwhile to visit, they now each have their own unique layout and look, reflecting their surrounding biome. Aside from five biome cities, there is also a unique center city in the middle of the Royal Continent.
Have a look at the biome cities here.
Talk to the Expedition Master in your local city, pick the size (solo/group) and Tier of your choice and start your adventure! You cannot die in an Expedition, but you do need to complete the given mission within the given time and you will lose gear durability upon dying.
Expeditions reward you with silver and fame, albeit FAR less than open world PvE would, and you will also get Royal Sigils upon completing them. These Royal Sigils can be used to craft Royal Armor pieces.
Find out more about the Expeditions here.
These guardians should not be underestimated, as they are not only extremely though but also have an array of skills to dish out at anyone who dares to oppose them. A properly coordinated team is advised! If you do manage to take down a guardian, you will be able to gather a high amount of Tier 6 resources from it.
Learn more about the different guardians here. (Coming soon)
Mob Camps and Random Camps
When exploring the open world, you can also run into random camps. These are small groups of mobs that come in different rarities and difficulties. As the name suggests, they appear randomly; the regular Undead camp you found the other day may suddenly have a miniboss waiting for you the next time!
Learn more about mob camp, random camps and dungeons here.
Each home base has two raid bosses: one daily boss and one weekly boss. The weekly boss will be globally announced and its spawn-time shifts over time zones. Be prepared, you will not be the only one contesting the boss!
Currently only the Morgana and Undead factions have a home base, but more will be added in the future.
Learn more about home bases here.
These altars are the perfect farm spot for Essences. Spectres are Tier 6 mobs that will give you less silver and fame than regular faction mob, but in return drop a significant amount of Essences.
In order to enchant your equipment, find the Artifact Foundry in your local city and select the “Enchant” tab. Runes are used to enchant to level 1, Souls to enchant to level 2 and Relics to enchant to level 3. You can only enchant one level at a time.
These items have unique spells, as well as passive bonuses that will help you when gathering your precious resources.
Gathering equipment, specialization and crafting can be unlocked through the Destiny Board.
Find out more about gatherer gear here.
We are giving some love to underappreciated roles in the current Meta. Tanks for instance are getting better Crowd Control options. We are also moving all mobility spells to boots, making them harder to stack. On top of that, we are also reworking and rebalancing an abundance of skills, giving several items a more defined role and niche in Albion.
Full details on the combat balancing and changes can be found in the changelog. (Coming March 13)
Destiny Board Changes
New User Interface Design
Not only has it gotten a sleek new look, giving Albion Online the modern look it deserves, but it has been optimized to work better on all platforms.
We will continue to add features and improvements to the User Interface throughout the Beta.
Find out more about the new User Interface in this video. (Coming soon)
Other Features and Improvements
13 March, 2017
23 NOVEMBER, 2016
28 SEPTEMBER, 2016
1 AUGUST, 2016
18 MAY, 2016
23 March, 2016
27 January, 2016
9 December, 2015
- Ver. 1.0.307 - REV 72278 | 26 JAN. 2017
- Ver. 1.0.307 - REV 71647 | 18 JAN. 2017
- VER 1.0.307 - REV 70957 | 11 JAN. 2017
- VER 1.0.303 - REV 69352 | 15 DEC. 2016
- VER 1.0.303 - REV 68707 | 08 DEC. 2016
- VER 1.0.303 - REV 67905 | 01 DEC. 2016
- Ver 1.0.303 - REV 67389 | 25 NOV. 2016
- Ver 1.0.303 - REV 67277 | 24 NOV. 2016
- FAYE UPDATE | 23 NOV. 2016
- VER 1.0.297 - REV 62070 | 06 OCT. 2016
- ELAINE UPDATE | 28 SEPT. 2016
- Ver 1.0.297 - REV 59569 | 06 SEPT. 2016
- VER 1.0.297 - REV 59395 | 05 Sept. 2016
- Ver 1.0.297 - REV 59147 | 02 SEPT. 2016
- VER 1.0.296 - REV 57801 | 29 AUG. 2016
- Ver 1.0.296 - REV 56991 | 15 AUG. 2016
- Ver 1.0.296 - REV 56656 | 10 AUG. 2016
- VER 1.0.296 - REV 56470 | 09 AUG. 2016
- VER 1.0.296 - REV 55958 | 04 AUG. 2016
- ver 1.0.296 - REV 55958 | 03 AUG. 2016
- ver 1.0.296 - REV 55856 | 02 AUG. 2016
- FINAL BETA UPDATE | 01 AUG. 2016
- (TS) VER 1.0.296 - REV 55587 | 29 July 2016
- (TS) VER 1.0.296 - REV 55165 | 26 July 2016
- (TS) VER 1.0.296 - REV 54806 | 21 July 2016
- (TS) VER 1.0.282 - REV 54496 | 19 July 2016
- (TS) VER 1.0.282 - REV 52792 | 16 JULY 2016
- ver 1.0.282 - REV 50552 | 08 JUNE 2016
- ver 1.0.282 - REV 49472 | 20 MAY 2016
- DARIAN UPDATE | 18 MAY 2016
- ver 1.0.270 - REV 47521 | 22 APR. 2016
- ver 1.0.277 - REV 47108 | 21 APR. 2016
- ver. 1.0.277 - REV 46610 | 06 APR. 2016
- Ver. 1.0.277 - REV 46246 | 31 MAR. 2016
- cador update | 23 MAR. 2016
- Ver. 1.0270 - REV 44485 | 02 MAR. 2016
- Ver. 1.0270 - REV 44044 | 25 FEB. 2016
- Ver. 1.0.270 - REV 44044 | 24 FEB. 2016
- Ver. 1.0.270 - REV 43771 | 17 FEB. 2016
- ver. 1.0.269 - REV 42967 | 03 FEB. 2016
- Ver. 1.0.269 - REV 42692 | 28 JAN. 2016
- Brutus Update | 27 JAN. 2016
- Ver. 1.0.268 - REV 42200 | 20 JAN. 2016
- Ver. 1.0.268 - REV 42075 | 19 JAN. 2016
- Ver. 1.0.269 - REV 41587 | 13 JAN. 2016
- Ver. 1.0.268 - REV 40794 | 17 DEC. 2015
- Ver. 1.0.268 - REV 40664 | 16 DEC. 2015
- Ver. 1.0.265 - REV 40337 | 11 DEC. 2015
- Aurelius Update | 09 DEC. 2015
- Ver, 1.0.264 - REV 39980 | 05 DEC. 2015
- Ver. 1.0.261 - REV 39675 | 02 DEC. 2015
- Ver. 1.0.261 - REV 39337 | 27 NOV. 2015
- Ver. 1.0.261 - REV 39221 | 26 NOV. 2015
- Ver. 1.0.261 - REV 39123 | 25 NOV. 2015
- Ver. 1.0.261 - REV 39011 | 24 NOV. 2015