Percival Patch 7 is Here
Today we launched Percival Patch 7, which brings changes to Albion's Silver sinks, quality-of-life improvements to building and transmuting, updated resource spawn rates, and more. So what's new?
More Silver Sinks
With today's patch, we've increased the Silver costs assessed by the system for various activities. These system-based costs serve as Silver sinks, which keep the overall quantity of Silver in the world of Albion consistent, and prevent runaway inflation of the Silver-to-Gold ratio. With the introduction of Randomized Dungeons in the Oberon update, the amount of Silver in the game increased tremendously, leading to inflated Gold costs for those looking to trade in their Silver. These updated costs mean the amount of Silver leaving the economy is once again in line with the amount entering it.
This patch brings the following cost changes:
- Increased repair costs of all items by 100%, but halved knockdown damage (from 10% to 5%), meaning repair cost of knockdowns remains the same
- Increased Market Order Fee from 1% to 1.5%
- Increased Market Tax from 4% to 6% (from 2% to 3% with Premium)
- Increased the cost of buying additional bank tabs by 50%
- Increased the cost of buying and upgrading islands by 50%
- Increased the cost of converting Fame to Fame Credits by 50%
- Increased the cost of using the fast travel feature by 50%
- Reduced the rate at which Silver offers are generated by the Black Market by 10%
In addition to the changes listed above, we've rebalanced the cost structure for transmutation. Transmutation was always intended as a natural ingame sink, but was previously so expensive that it was almost never used. This patch lowers overall costs for transmutation, while also making the transmutation process four times faster, in order to make it more appealing. With decreased Silver (and time!) costs for transmutation, this previously overlooked activity should become a more viable option.
Along with the increased speed of transmutation, constructing, upgrading, and repairing buildings is now twice as fast. Construction and maintenance already require a great deal of resources, so we've decided to make the actual processes of building creation and upkeep less time-consuming for players who have already made the necessary resource commitment.
Keeping Albion Balanced
Last but not least, we've also made some changes to keep the game's gathering and combat balanced. Resources and "resource critters" in tier 2, 3, and 4 blue zones now take twice as long to respawn, to avoid flooding the market with low-tier resources. On the combat side, we've made various changes, including reducing the impact of Damnation bomb squads in ZvZs and removing the option to stack Quarrier Boots via Self-Ignition, which gave gankers an undue advantage.
You can read the detailed list of changes in the official patchnotes.
- The Off-Season Crystal Tournament
- Community Spotlight: Road to a Billion
- Patch 12 Brings Combat Balance Changes
- Caerleon Security, Thanks fo asking <3 [CLS]
- Storm's Opinion
- PVE, Gathering, Crafting,... "NEMA PROBLEMA"