Dev Talk: Roads of Avalon Revisited
Albion’s next major content update is just around the corner, and we can announce it will be called Beyond the Veil. Today, in the first of several in-depth looks at some of the new features and changes coming with this update, Game Director Robin Henkys introduces some significant improvements to the Roads of Avalon.
A number of new features will help players to make their homes in the Roads:
- Hideouts in the Roads will be able to be declared Headquarters
- Hideouts will require power to be maintained
- There will be an initial three-day grace period before this applies
- Power Cores can be found in the Roads, but cannot be carried to or from the open world
- Guilds seeking to control entire Hideout regions within the Roads will have to be considerably more active to do so
- Hideout construction can be accelerated
- Logging out in the Roads will return you to the place you first entered the Roads
- This causes durability damage to equipment, and the loss of some stacked items
- Players who are disconnected will have an extended window to reconnect before being removed from the Roads
- This will prevent players staying in high-value locations to scout them constantly, making the Roads more competitive and rewarding exploration
The types of objectives found in the Roads have been expanded:
- Open-world treasures will randomly appear
- Mobs will upgrade over time if untouched, as they do in the open world
- Crystal Spiders will also be found
The reworked Roads will provide challenging and rewarding content for groups:
- Mobs have been strengthened overall
- The areas between Hideout regions will contain high-value content for large groups
- Large portals are now exclusive to these ‘raid regions’, while small portals have been removed entirely
These changes should reinvigorate the Roads of Avalon as an area for small group play and independent guilds, providing a variety of PvE and PvP options and rewarding exploration. We hope to encourage new guilds to enjoy this content, and can’t wait to see who makes their home in the Roads.
Stay tuned for our next Dev Talk, where we’ll delve into some more mysterious content coming with Beyond the Veil.
- The Season 17 Crystal League Championship is Coming!
- Last Chance for Cheaper Gold and Premium
- Beyond the Veil is Here!
- SBI PLEASE MAKE 3V3 HELLGATES AND 3V3 MISTS WITH MANDATORY ROLES: TANK-HEAL-DAMAGE (MAYBE ADD ROLE FILL) PLEASE READ
- New Update is Awful
- Known Issues: 'Beyond the Veil' Update | Updated November 28