First Content Update - Aurelius
We will have a regular stream of updates coming to Albion Online, that will all improve existing elements of the game as well as provide new content and things for you to explore and experience.
The first of these updates is called Aurelius and will hit our servers by the end of next week.
Usability and User Interface
The update will bring often-requested Quality of Life improvements to Albion Online, for example:
- You can force your character to move to a certain location by right-clicking
- A “Combat Mode” toggle will prevent your character from accidentally harvesting or looting in combat
- You can see whether you’re in combat by looking at your character portrait
- Increased visibility when spells become ready again
- Different Chat Channels, e.g. for guild recruiting and major languages
There will be a total of 10 new spells and abilities spread over different weapons for you to use.
In addition to that, we will expand on the PvE part of the game by adding 3 new Keeper-themed dungeon types, with a total of 23 new dungeons spread throughout the world of Albion. Those dungeons also feature three new mob types and three new bosses.
And, last but not least, it is time for you to get festive. Holiday season will come with some special surprises for you.
As always, there will be numerous changes to balancing and a lot of bug fixing as we aim to make the game more and more polished. We want to thank our great community for providing all the helpful feedback and suggestions! You guys are awesome!
You can find more details about the Aurelius Update in our all-new dedicated “Game Updates” section. We will also publish further information about the Aurelius Update over the course of the coming week.
After our update in December, we plan to launch the next major update by end of January.
Some highlights of that update will include:
- Significant improvements of PC user interface (such as repair all function)
- Quality of life improvements for guild management
- Reworking the armors in the destiny board, such that the progression for crafting and the progression for using gear are aligned to each other – for example, you do not have to unlock light cloth armor if you really want to wear light plate
For a more detailed list of what we have in store for you, please see our development roadmap here: Read more