Web Developer (Fullstack) (m/f/d)
Sandbox Interactive is an ambitious Game Studio located in the heart of Berlin. Since 2012, we have been developing the online game „Albion Online“, which has already established itself as the first truly cross-platform MMO for Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS and Android. With its sandbox nature, a player-driven economy, classless character customization as well as full-loot PvP fights as core features, it has had a successful year-and-a-half since its official launch in July 2017, further broadening its audience with a release on Steam in May 2018 and exploding into the mass market with its Free 2 Play release in April 2019.
Currently, we are looking for a full time web developer to support our web development team in the development of web services and website features. Albion’s website is a critical part of our business operations as we handle the entire publishing side of the game through its website. As such this position covers a wide range of tasks from integrating payment solutions to optimizing user experience to implementing out-of-game features extending the game experience of our players.
If you are confident in your ability to deliver high quality solutions in a wide variety of web based technologies and would love to bring those abilities to bear to deliver an exciting and unique online game experience, we would love to meet you! This is an ideal position for someone with a keen interest in web technology and a good user experience!
- Work with the development and publishing team to implement new website and web service features to improve our services based on a prioritized backlog of tasks
- Integrate external APIs to work with our systems
- Deliver high quality, well maintainable and secure code and take responsibility to refactor existing systems to the same standard as necessary
- You have 2+ years of professional experience developing in Java to deliver well-written, robust Backend systems
- Knowledge of the Symfony, Dropwizard, Spring Boot, and Google Play frameworks is a plus
- Knowledge of PHP, PostgreSQL and ElasticSearch is a plus
- The ideal candidate will have experience in projects which include providing web-based services around a client-based software
- You have the willingness to take ownership for the maintenance of existing web services as well as the development of new services
- You can work independently but you can also communicate and cooperate with the CTO and the rest of the development team when it comes to tasks affecting the entire team
- Fluent English is a requirement, as it is our primary work language. Additional German skills would be beneficial, but are not a requirement.
WHAT WE OFFER
- You will work on an exciting and always evolving project and product, and will get the opportunity to collaborate with the entire team on creating a truly unique gaming experience.
- A high degree of personal ownership and the opportunity to grow within the company, bringing your own ideas to the table and taking on new opportunities and challenges as they present themselves.
- Great company culture with a passionate and dynamic team of industry experts.
- You will work in the heart of Berlin, a key destination for startups and tech companies, in a central and vibrant neighbourhood with plenty of restaurants and bars around.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested, send us your CV and a cover letter that includes your salary expectations to email@example.com, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you and working with you!