Systems Designer (m/f/d)
Are you a self-driven innovator who loves to make ideas reality? Then you might be our next colleague. We are Sandbox Interactive, an ambitious Game Studio of 35 colleagues located in the heart of Berlin. Since 2012, we have been developing the online game „Albion Online“, which has already established itself as the first truly cross-platform MMO for Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS and Android. Albion Online launched successfully in July 2017. The game exploded into the global mass market with its Free 2 Play release in April 2019 and enables us to take Albion Online to the next level. Now, we are looking for great colleagues to join us on this journey.
Are you ready for your next career step?
- Take Albion’s economic and strategic gameplay systems to the next level
- Dive deep into Albion’s complex gameplay systems and design philosophy
- Work with the game director and vision keeper to develop concepts for new and existing features
- Take ownership of key gameplay features and guide the development team through the implementation process
- Help shape the world of Albion and its rules but remember: with great power, comes great responsibility!
- You are proud of your 3+ years track record in commercial game design, ideally in core game MMO projects.
- You love to wrap your head around the complex dynamics of interacting gameplay systems in a sandbox MMORPG.
- You enjoy bringing structure and planning to chaotic environments.
- You understand the technical challenges when converting design to code and communicate well with programmers and artists alike.
- Practical experience in other aspects of game development (coding, art production, level design) is a big plus.
- Fluent English is a requirement, as it is our primary work language. Additional German skills are a plus.
- Global reach: You will join a team of industry experts to shape our game that is enjoyed by over 600 000 people worldwide.
- Sustainable business: You will be part of a successful company that focuses on long-term growth rather than on venture capital gambling.
- No crunch time: You will enjoy the excitement of shaping a global gaming experience without the typical release crunch times.
- Career progress: You will have a high degree of autonomy from the start and the support to follow your own career goals.
- Gaming-driven culture: You will join a supportive team of leading gaming experts with a strong passion for what they do.
- Modern office in a top location: You will work in the heart of Berlin in a central and vibrant neighbourhood with plenty of restaurants and bars around.
- Start-Up perks: You will enjoy free drinks, food, team events and a blazing fast working machine.
HOW TO APPLY
Are you ready to take your career to the next level? Send us your CV and a cover letter that includes your salary expectations to email@example.com. We will get back to you as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you and working with you!