Junior Technical Environment Artist (m/f/d)
Do you love creating fantasy worlds full of magical landscapes, enchanted forests, and thrilling dungeons? Then we might be looking for you.
We are Sandbox Interactive, an ambitious 40-person game studio in the heart of Berlin. Since 2012, we have been developing the core online game Albion Online, which has already established itself as the first truly cross-platform MMO for Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS and Android. Albion Online launched successfully in July 2017. The game exploded into the global mass market with its Free-to-Play release in April 2019 and enabled us to take Albion Online to the next level. Now, we are looking for great colleagues to join us on this journey.
Are you ready for your next career step?
- Set up, maintain and optimize Prefabs for Environment Props using Unity standard tools and in-house tools
- Work on all technical aspects of props production and fix related issues when needed
- Work on the technical side of graphical improvements
- Review and fix existing geometries with clean topology and polycount limits in mind
- Develop small technical tools to optimize the workflow for environment art
- Write technical documentation on tools, processes and workflows for internal use
- You have a strong interest in the technical aspects of the asset production pipeline
- You are organized, reliable, have strong communication abilities and self-organizational skills to manage multiple tasks with different deadlines, and you have a proactive mindset
- You have interest and skills in optimizing processes and enjoy solving problems, and you are eager to learn
- You have experience in working with 3D modelers such as Maya, as well as with Unity
- General programming skills, and specifically experience with C# for developing small tools in Unity to assist with recurring tasks, are a plus
- Global reach: You will join a team of industry experts to shape our game that is enjoyed by hundreds of thousands of people worldwide.
- Sustainable business: You will be part of a successful company that focuses on long-term growth rather than on venture capital gambling.
- No crunch time: You will enjoy the excitement of shaping a global gaming experience without the typical release crunch times.
- Career progress: You will have a high degree of autonomy from the start and the support to follow your own career goals.
- Gaming-driven culture: You will join a supportive team of leading gaming experts with a strong passion for what they do.
- Modern office in a top location: You will work in the heart of Berlin in a central and vibrant neighborhood with plenty of restaurants and bars.
- Start-Up perks: You will enjoy free drinks, food, team events and a blazing-fast working machine.
HOW TO APPLY
Are you ready to take your career to the next level? Send us your CV, your salary expectations, and a portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you and working with you!