Gameplay Programmer (m/f/d)
Are you a self-driven innovator who loves to make ideas reality? Then you might be our next colleague. We are Sandbox Interactive, an ambitious Game Studio of 35 colleagues located in the heart of Berlin. Since 2012, we have been developing the online game „Albion Online“, which has already established itself as the first truly cross-platform core MMO for Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS and Android. Albion Online launched successfully in July 2017. The game exploded into the global mass market with its Free 2 Play release in April 2019 and enables us to take Albion Online to the next level. Now, we are looking for great team members to join us on this journey.
Are you ready for your next career step?
- Develop and implement complex gameplay features for Albion Online, including their server & client side implementation
- Take responsibility for the evolution and improvement of features developed by you while following clean code principles
- Enable the design team by ensuring that your features are well-documented and create logging data necessary for gameplay analysis
- Collaborate with the design team to find the best technical solutions matching the design goals
- You impress with experience programming gameplay systems in multiplayer environments either as an advanced student, amateur or a seasoned professional
- You are highly proficient in the C# or confident in your ability to switch based on a very high proficiency in a related language)
- Ideally, you have experience developing in Unity3D
- Ideally, you are familiar with multiplayer networking, server-authoritative games and databases (SQL and NoSQL)
- You enjoy taking responsibility for your tasks and take pride in growing your skills.
- Fluent English is a requirement, as it is our primary work language. German skills
are a plus.
- Global reach: You will join a team of industry experts to shape our game that is enjoyed by over 600 000 people worldwide.
- Sustainable business: You will be part of a successful company that focuses on long-term growth rather than on venture capital gambling.
- No crunch time: You will enjoy the excitement of shaping a global gaming experience without the typical release crunch times.
- Career progress: You will have a high degree of autonomy from the start and the support to follow your own career goals.
- Gaming-driven culture: You will join a supportive team of leading gaming experts with a strong passion for what they do.
- Modern office in a top location: You will work in the heart of Berlin in a central and vibrant neighbourhood with plenty of restaurants and bars around.
- Start-Up perks: You will enjoy free drinks, food, team events and a blazing fast working machine.
HOW TO APPLY
Are you ready to take your career to the next level? Send us your CV and a cover letter that includes your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you and working with you!