Character Animator (m/f/d)
Sandbox Interactive is an ambitious game studio located in the heart of Berlin. Since 2012, we have been developing the online game Albion Online, which has already established itself as the first truly cross-platform MMO for Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS and Android. With its sandbox nature, a player-driven economy, classless character customization, and full-loot PvP fights as core features, it has had a successful year since its official launch in July 2017, further broadening its audience with a release on Steam in May 2018.
Currently, we are looking for a full time Character Animator (m/f/d) to join the team in our office.
If you have a passion for video game animation and like to work towards the best player experience possible while collaborating with our passionate and dynamic team of game designers, programmers and VFX artists, we would love to meet you!
- Create new character keyframe animations for humanoid and non-humanoid characters from scratch (no mo-cap)
- Improve and polish existing animation assets as needed
- Keep track of animation backlog and manage your own time
- Integrate animations into gamedata and test animations ingame
- Work with the art director and game designers to match the given style and pay attention to gameplay requirements for animations
- Identify potential improvements in the animation workflow and specify tool requirements for the development team
- You are an expert in keyframe animation in Maya
- Experience in Unity is a plus
- Fluency in English is a requirement, as it is our primary language
- German language skills are a plus
- You are a game animator at heart - you understand the need for tight timings in a responsive, action-oriented combat system
- You have a strong passion for video games
- Personal experience playing MMORPGs is a plus
- The opportunity to work on an exciting and always-evolving project and product, as well as to collaborate with the whole team, from Community Management to Game Designers
- A high degree of personal ownership and the opportunity to grow within the company, bringing your own ideas to the table and taking on new opportunities and challenges as they present themselves
- Great company culture with a passionate and dynamic team of industry experts
- A workplace in the heart of Berlin, a key destination for startups and tech companies, in a central and vibrant neighborhood with plenty of restaurants and bars
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this position, send us your application (CV and cover letter - please include your salary expectations!) at email@example.com, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you and working with you!