Final Beta Patch #4 / Version 1.0.297 - REV 59147 / 02 September 2016
The focus of this patch is the improvement of the traversal of Albion's big new world. It also brings better rewards for open world PVP and a new feature which lets you teleport back to entrance of a dungeon.
With their new Gallop Mode mounts have become way more mobile, which has a strong impact on the game. First and most important traversal is now much faster and feels better. Ganking a mount is also now a lot more difficult, especially for solo gankers. However, we believe that ganking mounts was clearly too easy before - if a majority of mounted players face certain death whenever they encounter a ganker, they will eventually avoid using mounts altogether or avoid going out into pvp zones, ultimately decreasing the prey for the ganker too. To keep mounted players encouraged to travel through PvP areas, it is important that their chances to escape from ganks need to be reasonable.
Keep in mind this is the testing server. These values are not set in stone and might change before the patch hits live. We will review the feature, and if mounts turn out to be too strong for disengagement, we will adjust its balance.
We also revisited the roles of the rare mounts and adjusted some of their values to better differentiate them.
- New Gallop Mode: After a few seconds of moving while mounted, your receive an additional move speed buff. This buff is cancelled if you are damaged or slowed, and put on cooldown for 8 seconds.
- Mounts are no longer buffed by movespeed passives on equipment.
- Move Speed Buffs, such as Flee and Sprints, are now removed when mounting up.
- Oxen and all other mount types will be dismounted after taking the same amount of damage. Before this change, a player on an ox would not be dismounted until they were already dead.
- Dire Wolves no longer provide any additional defensive stats or crowd control resistance.
- Dire Bears no longer provide any additional crowd control resistance.
- Dire Boars' crowd control resistance has been increased.
- Undead Horses no longer increase your carry capacity.
- Donkeys' carry capacity is slightly increased.
Increased Chest Rewards
- Rewards in chests have been increased, to make it more attractive to fight over them and create hotspots for PvP. The longer it takes for a chest to respawn, the bigger the rewards in it.
- The smallest chests, found on the Royal Continents and around cities in the Outlands, spawn every hour.
- Intermediate chests, found only in the Outlands, spawn once a day, during their region's prime time.
- In castles, chests spawn once a week - 2 hours before prime time every Sunday.
Dungeon Escape Mechanic
- While inside a dungeon, players always have an additional Exit Dungeon ability. This takes 60 seconds to cast, so it can't be used to instantly run from other players, while still being able to be used to avoid back tracking or getting left alone in a high tier dungeon.
- Added refined resource drops to Demon bosses.
- Adjusted hellgate spawn amounts and times: Gatekeepers across the world will now refresh on a 30 minute cycle.
- Adjusted the balance of how many Gatekeepers appear in different areas.
- After a GvG, all team members of the winning team receive the invulnerability spawn buff.
- The invulnerability buff given when changing region now also expires on distance, i.e. if the player has moved too far away from the region's entrance.
- The Flee ability now provide 200% extra carry capacity, instead of unlimited extra carry capacity.
- Reputation changes are now displayed as overhead messages
- The command /suicide is no longer usable during combat.
- Sending a new chat message will automatically scroll the chat window to the bottom.
- Reduction in crafting focus use now works when when refining or crafting enchanted items.
- Fixed a bug that prevented buildings from being set to 'everybody can attack'.
- It is no longer possible to keep harvesting resources when you have a full inventory.
- Fixed a bug where clicking on a popup window after switching clusters wouldn't close the window the first time.
- Fixed an issue where Demon Gatekeepers were not appearing in T6 regions.
- Fixed an issue where alt-H would remove the HUD while dead.
- Fixed an issue where Slipscarp Jetty was not showing correctly on the world map.
- Fixed a missing territory connection in Deepforest Grove.