Feature Release "Darian" / Version 1.0.272 - REV 49107 / 18 May 2016
Darian is our last content update throughout this phase of Beta- we're hoping to test several new features and changes along with a new set of spells. The team is now working in full force on preparing the next phase of beta on which you can expect more details soon.
- In crafting buildings, you can now "Study" crafted items.
- You can study multiple items, and even multiple types of item, at once, provided other requirements are met.
- Studying an item destroys it.
- Studying an item grants you Fame towards the same Destiny Board unlocks that crafting that item would.
- Studying an item is intended to be equivalent to repeatedly salvaging and recrafting it: you can spend Crafting Focus on it, Premium status improves the Fame gained, and the overall Fame gain should be equivalent.
- The main limitation on what you can study is that you must be able to craft any item you want to study; it does not matter who crafted it, in much the same way that it doesn't matter who gathers the resources you use to craft.
- It is also necessary that the item is at full durability, and that the building you're using can craft that item.
LP spending improvements
- You can now use LP to unlock Mastery Levels on the Destiny Board from the beginning, rather than only after 20% of the Mastery Level is completed.
- It costs 8 times more LP per Fame to unlock the first 20%, so it's still more efficient to unlock that section through normal gameplay.
Player Spell Area Visualization
- To further increase the readability of PvP, we implemented a pre-visualization of player AoE spells. This means on any AoE spells, the area will be highlighted on cast start.
- The area will be filled with a gradient, this fill shows the exact time when the spell will hit the area.
- The color of the area indicates the type of spell: enemy damage, friendly heal, enemy heal or friendly damage.
12 New Spells
- Charge on Claymore (slot 3)
- Fearless Strike on Claymore (slot 3)
- Bloody Reap on Scythe (slot 3)
- Magma Sphere on Great Fire Staff (slot 3)
- Tackle on Great Hammer (slot 3)
- Black Hole on Great Arcane Staff (slot 3)
- Tornado on Double Bladed Staff (slot 3)
- Enfeeble Blades on Demonic Staff (slot 3)
- Salvation on Divine Staff (slot 3)
- Battle Frenzy on all Axe line items (slot 2)
- Sacred Pulse on all Holy Staff line items (slot 2)
- Sunder Shot on all Crossbow line items (slot 2)
The Followers and Disciples of Morgana have been partly reworked!
- New Spells!
- New Mobs!
- New Encounter Composition!
- Enter the Dungeons of Morgana and challenge their new abilities and allies. Killing them might prove more rewarding than you expect.
- Names of deleted characters will be freed for use upon deletion. Names are reserved for the deleting account for 72 hours. After that time they can be claimed by anyone. Note: this change only affects characters deleted after this release.
- New riding animations for Direboar and Direbear mounts.
- Improved many animations.
- Animations when crafting have been improved by swapping weapons out for building-appropriate tools.
- Access rights can now have a maximum of around 50 individual settings per object.
- Threat Generation on player spells has been reworked, to make the tank gameplay more interesting it is now more challenging to keep aggro.
Arcane Staffs Arcane Protection did not really shine as a slot 1 ability so far. The shield was quite weak and had a long cast. This has no been changed to an instant ability, allowing a more reactive playstyle.
The invulnerability on Enigmatic Staff was changed to a damage shield in the last content update, which fixed the staffs scaling per tier. However the damage absorbed per tick was too low, which hurt the Enigmatic Staff's core role.
- Arcane Protection
- Damage Absorbed increased by 6%
- Cast Time: 1s -> 0s
- Base Energy Cost: 7 -> 6
- Shield Duration: 5s -> 4s
- Damage Absorbed per tick increased by 60%
The biggest change is on the Frost Shot. This spell should allow for good mobility, but the distances covered on high tiers was never intended and was actually a bug. Therefore the knockback distance is now always fixed to 11m.
Bows where also a bit too strong in dishing out instant AoE Damage, so Multishot damage was toned down a bit and the Rain of Arrows now have a 1s delay before they hit.
The Poisoned Arrows seemed a bit weak compared to the other slot 1 choices, so the dot has now 6 ticks. Making it easier to stack up the dot, as well as dealing more damage overall.
- Poisoned Arrow
- Number of Damage Ticks: 5 -> 6
- Base Energy Cost: 5 -> 4
- The Poison deals now magic damage.
- Multi Shot
- Damage Reduced by 8%
- Frost Shot
- Knockback distance is now fixed to 11m
- Rain of Arrows
- Added a delay of 1s before the first wave of arrows hits the ground
The Caltrops used to be a combination of damage and some cc. With the new spell Sunder Shot on slot 2 being now the best choice for damage, the focus of the Caltrops has been shifted stronger on the cc aspect.
- Area Size: 1m -> 1.5m
- Base Energy Cost: 3 -> 4
- Slow Strength: 22% -> 50%
- Damage Reduced by 44%
Due to the heavy armor reduction the Armor Piercer has been extremely strong in group fights. To make Cursed Staffs a bit less mandatory the AR/MR reduction has been reduced and the damage increased. This way the spell's damage output stays still high, but the effectivity doesn't multiply in groups as much anymore.
- Armor Piercer
- AR/MR Reduction decreased by 38%
- Damage increased by 75%
Infiltration's long hit delay made the spell too hard to hit against other players. The hit delay has now been reduced to make the spell viable for pvp.
- Hit Delay: 2.5s -> 1.5s
With the changed, faster executions, the 2s cast time was too long to successfully resurrect an ally. So the cast time has been adjusted.
- Cast Time: 2.s -> 1s
After Cador we saw less Mace line items in the game, because without the help of the old armor spells the Hammer offered the better straight forward cc. With this patch we define the sub roles of the different mace line items stronger. While also offering Maces a strong cc spell on slot 2.
- Pull Area
- Hit Delay: 0.2 -> 0.6s
- Area Size: 5m -> 7m
- Silencing Strike
- The spell now also purges enemy buffs on hit.
- Battle Howl
- Silenced duration increased by 17%
- Root Prison
- Enemies hit will now stay rooted for 2s after the channel ends.
- Channel Duration: 4s -> 3s
The Well of Life heal was a bit too low, considering how risky it is to stay in place in the circle against another player team. To make up for the risk, the heal strength has been increased.
- Well of Life
- Heal increased by 10%
Increased the Dash Speed of the Reckless Charge to make it easier to hit and be useful for repositioning.
- Reckless Charge
- Dash Speed: 0.2 -> 0.6s
The Heroic Strike charges have been buffed to give the sword line more mobility and stickyness to the target. Also the Cleave ability now also applies the Heroic Strike charges, so it is possible to get the max out of the slot 3 abilities, independent from the Q choice.
To further increase the swords mobility, players can now also freely move during the whole Mighty Swing animation.
- Heroic Strike
- Speed Buff per Stack: 6% -> 10%
- Speed Buff Duration: 5s -> 6s
- Now also applies Heroic Strike Charges on hit
- Mighty Swing
- Standtime: 1s -> 0s
Frost Shield was making the squishy armors a bit too tanky, which outshined the other spell choices and also made the Cloth Armor users bypass their weakness a tad too good. Therefore the AR/MR buff strength has been reduced.
The penalty on the Speed Caster was removed, because picking this spell already has the drawback of sacrificing any defensive ability from the chest. Considering how squishy Cloth Armor is, this is already a big commitment.
- Frost Shield
- AR/MR Buff decreased by 33%
- Speed Caster
- Spellpower Reduction Removed, the cast speed bonus now has a penalty.
The cleanse has been removed from the Ice Block, because the damage immunity alone is already a very strong choice for this slot.
The Speed Caster has been way too niche so far. With this update it also offers a 20% cast speed to make the spell more useful.
- Ice Block
- Removed the Cleanse
- Can't be used when silenced anymore
- Disruption Immunity
- Added an additional 20% Cast Speed buff to the spell
To make cleanse more valuable and encourage using cleanses in team composition the spell now also cleanses allies in close proximity.
- Now also cleanses allies in close proximity
The Shield Charge was capable of absorbing too much damage. Especcially in comparison with other shielding abilities like Sprint Shield.
- Sprint Shield
- Damage Absorbed increased by three times
- Shield Charge
- Damage Absorbed decreased by 15%
To allow for more possible combinations of damage buffing builds, the max damage buff height has been increased.
- Max Damage Buff: 150% -> 200%
- Fixed many model/skinning/rigging issues.
- Royal equipment should now be correctly treated as its non-Royal equivalent in all cases on the Destiny Board.
- Fixed some weird issues with kills/knockdowns caused by reflected damage.
- Fixed an issue where rare resources would not stack correctly on harvest when the player's inventory was full.
- Fixed an issue where the Well of Life spell would not forget players who had left its area for the purposes of maximum players healed per tick.
- Fixed an issue where knockback abilities were not correctly calculating the distance for the tooltip.
- Fixed an issue where T8 Sapphires were not set up correctly for transmutation.
- Fixed various text/localisation issues.
- Fixed some audio issues.
- Fixed an issue where a player would continue to attempt to auto-attack another player after doing so is no longer a valid action (eg end of duel), resulting in unintended following behavior.
- Fixed an issue with castle guards being unaffected by spells under certain conditions.
- Fixed some issues with T6 Doomed Necromancer boss's portals.
- Fixed an issue with some Mage Towers still not having a favorite food set.
- Fixed some issues with the interactions between two-handed weapons and off-hand items.
- Fixed a large number of level design issues.
- Fixed some issues with combat log/overhead display of silver looting, particularly relating to premium status.
- Fixed an issue where a knocked down character would attempt to re-execute their last action on getting up.
- Removed durability from journals.
- Fixed some issues relating to weapons disappearing when looting/gathering.
- Fixed a number of abuse cases relating to invites:
- Duel invites are automatically declined if the target is in combat or in a GvG match.
- Guild invites are automatically declined if the target is in a GvG match.
- Party invites are automatically declined if the target is in a duel, or if the target is in a GvG match and target and inviter aren't both in the same match and on the same team.
- Fixed an issue where swapping to another item with the same spell would not interrupt casting.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to gain kill points in a GvG match by killing mobs or players not on the opposing team.
- Fixed an issue where you could get stuck when knocked into a barrier in a GvG fight.
- Fixed an issue where setting "all users" as co-owners of something would not extend management rights correctly to all players.
- Fixed an issue where the "pay" window for repair kits was not closing automatically when it should.
- Fixed an issue where grown farm animals were not counted when calculating fast travel costs.
- Fixed some cases where blinking/teleporting across a spell area would apply that spell's effect to you.
- Fixed some issues with access controls on Guild islands; the Guild Leader is now correctly the only owner by default, and co-owners can be properly added by the Leader.