What is the "Albion East" server?
The "Albion East" server (launched March 2023) is a completely untouched Albion Online server dedicated to the Asia-Pacific region, offering a fresh start in the world of Albion for players in the region and worldwide.
What are the important server launch dates?
- January 23, 2023: Founder Pack sales begin
- February 20, 2023: Albion East closed beta begins at 10:00 UTC, including one-off Beta Guild Season (access to beta is only available with Founder Pack purchase)
- March 12, 2023: Beta Guild Season ends at 2:00 UTC
- March 15, 2023: Early server access begins at 11:00 UTC for Crystal and Gold Founders
- March 17, 2023: Early server access begins at 11:00 UTC for Silver Founders
- March 19, 2023: Early server access begins at 11:00 UTC for Bronze Founders
- March 20, 2023: Albion East server opens to all players at 11:00 UTC
- April 30, 2023: Founder Pack sales end at 2:00 UTC (start of Albion East maintenance)
What are the benefits of Founder Packs?
Founder Packs offer the following:
- Access to the closed beta and Beta Guild Season starting February 20
- Early access to the full server launch starting March 15, with exact date based on Pack level
- Automatic reservation of existing character and guild names on the new server
- Varying amounts of Gold and Premium based on Pack level
- Exclusive Founder-only Nametags, Avatars, Vanity items and furniture
How are Founder Pack items delivered?
Some Founder Pack benefits are automatically applied to the account on which they were bought, while others must be claimed.
- Founder Nametag: the highest level reward from any pack is active on all characters starting March 15
- Avatars and Avatar Rings: these are unlocked based on packs bought, so the only way to have all of them is to buy each level of pack
When early access launches on March 15, upon entering the game world on either server, non-automatic Founder Pack components become claimable via the "Claim Rewards" UI. For each pack bought, a player gets one claimable matching the pack level.
- Vanity and Furniture Items
How are Founder Pack items claimed and redeemed?
Claimable rewards become available on March 15, and can be accessed via the "Claim Rewards" UI. This locks certain rewards to character / account / server as follows:
Once claimed, the rewards cannot be claimed on any other character or server.
Note that Bronze and Silver Founders will be able to claim their rewards on the Albion West server before they have access to Albion East. It is important to ensure you claim rewards on the server and character for which they will be used.
- Premium: the awarded days will be added to the Premium days of the character claiming them
- Gold: added to the Gold account of the server on which it is claimed
- Vanity and Furniture items: sent to the character claiming them via in-game mail
Can I claim and redeem Founder Pack items on Albion West?
Yes, Founder Pack rewards can be claimed on either server. As Gold, Premium, and Furniture are server-locked, please ensure you claim them on the server you want them to remain on. The claimable items go into your character inventory from where you can redeem or trade them. Once the Vanity Items are used and thus redeemed, they are accessible by all characters on the account, on both servers.
What does tradable mean?
Tradable means that an item, once claimed, can be bought or sold in Albion's player-based Marketplaces, or traded directly to other players via the Player Trade UI. This means that Founders can sell any tradable items to other players, and non-Founders can acquire tradable Founder items.
Which items in the Founder Packs are tradable?
All Mount Skins, Wardrobe Skins, and Furniture Items included in Founder Packs are tradable. Note that Mount / Wardrobe Skins can only be traded until they are unlocked; once they are unlocked they become available to all characters on the account and are no longer tradable.
How do guild and character name reservation work?
On March 14 at 10:00 UTC (beginning of Albion West maintenance window), active guild and character names will be reserved for the full launch of the Albion East server.
- Reserving a character / guild name requires active Founder status and a character / guild with the desired name(s) on the Albion West server.
- Name reservations will last 90 days. This means that the reservations expire on June 13, 2023. All other Founder Pack benefits remain claimable indefinitely.
- Note 1: Only names are reserved; any character or guild progression begins at zero for both the beta and full launch.
- Note 2: Guild names are reserved ONLY for active Guild Leaders, not for any other level of leadership or membership.
Can I reserve my guild / character name for the beta?
Yes. There will be a test run of the name reservation system during the beta.
To reserve your character / guild name for the beta you must meet the same requirements as the main name reservation (character / guild active on Albion West AND Founder status) by February 19 at 10:00 UTC (beginning of Albion West maintenance).
Note 1: Reserving your character / guild name during the beta does NOT guarantee a reservation for launch. You must meet these same reservation requirements again on March 14 (see above).
Note 2: Guild names are reserved ONLY for active Guild Leaders, not for any other level of leadership or membership.
Can multiple Founder Packs be purchased on one account?
Yes, as long as they are of different levels, e.g. one Crystal and one Gold Founder Pack. The Premium, Gold, and Vanity benefits are cumulative, and the early server access will correspond to that of the highest Pack level purchased.
Where can I learn more about the closed beta and the Beta Guild Season?
Please see this article for more information on the closed beta and the Beta Guild Season.
Are the servers region- or language-locked?
No - both servers are available to all players worldwide, and offer full language support for all of the game's supported languages.
Is playing on the Albion East server free and open to all players?
Yes, the Albion East server is open to all players worldwide, and offers the same free-to-play model as the existing Albion West server.
Can both servers be accessed with a single account, and on all platforms?
Yes, the same account can be used to access both servers. If you had an existing account prior to the launch of the new server, we recommend using it to log into the new server. This allows you to choose between different servers after logging in. Both servers can be accessed on all of Albion's available platforms (PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android).
Can characters, items, or Silver/Gold be transfered between servers?
No. Even for a single account, characters created on one server will remain on that server, and items/currency cannot be transfered between servers.
How does Premium work on the two servers?
The Premium subscription model, where Premium is on a per-character basis, remains unchanged with the introduction of the new server. This means that, as characters are separated by server, Premium subscriptions are likewise not transferable between servers.
How does Gold work on the two servers?
Gold is separated by server and cannot be transfered between servers. As was the case prior to the launch of the Albion East server, Gold is shared between (and accessible by) all characters on a given server.
How do vanity items such as Wardrobe and Mount Skins work on the two servers?
Vanity items purchased for real-world money via the in-game store or Albion Online Web Shop are automatically unlocked on both servers. This also applies retroactively to items purchased prior to the launch of the new server.
Vanity costumes and mount skins received from Founder Packs, after being unlocked, are available to all characters on both servers.
Vanity items purchased in-game for Gold, obtained via game events, or bought from other players on the Marketplace are server-bound and cannot be transfered - they are only usable on the server on which they were obtained.
What are the differences between the two servers?
From a gameplay, rules, and game-world perspective, the two servers are broadly identical, with the following exceptions:
- Maintenance on the Albion East server takes place daily at 2:00 UTC. Maintenance on Albion West remains at 10:00 UTC. (See below for the special case of patch and update launches.)
- In-game timers for Guild Season events, Crystal League, Treasure spawns, and other items are shifted for the Asia East server. Detailed times for these events will be published for each server in advance, and will also be viewable via the appropriate in-game UIs.
- Guild Seasons will run at the same time, but the first official Albion East season will be the server-specific Beta Season. The following season (Albion West Season 19 / Albion East Season 1) will be the first to offer a dedicated Statue in Conquerors' Hall and Season Winner Statue furniture items. As Guild Season Rankings are entirely independent between servers, the statues and furniture items will reflect different guilds based on server.
- In order to handle an influx of new players, the "Starter Towns" of the new server will offer a base level of system-generated, low-tier food and mount options at their Marketplaces. Apart from this, all other Marketplace offerings will be local and player-driven.
How are patches and updates released on the two servers?
On days where a patch or update is released, the patch or update will be deployed at the same time (usually 10:00 UTC) on both servers. This is necessary for technical reasons, as both servers use the same game client.
As this is outside the regular maintenance time for the Albion East server, we will make every attempt to give a minimum of 24 hours notice before a patch is released. However, in cases where an urgent hotfix or patch is deployed, this may not always be possible.
Can rewards be claimed on either server?
Yes. Claimable rewards from Founder Packs, referrals, etc. are account-bound, so they can be claimed on either the Albion East or Albion West server, but not on both. However, note that rewards generated prior to the early access launch of the Albion East server, such as older referral rewards, are only claimable on the Albion West server.
How do I select the server I want during the login process?
A new server selection dropdown has been added to the top right corner of the Login and Character Selection screens. This can be used to switch between the Albion West and Albion East servers.
If you are playing Albion Online via Steam or via a Guest Account on your mobile device, the server can only be changed via the dropdown on the Character Selection screen.