What is Albion Online?
- Albion Online is a free-to-play medieval sandbox MMO.
It is also the first true cross-platform MMO, running on different systems such as Windows, Mac, iOS and Android at the same time and in the same stunning world!
Albion Online: Cross-platform functionality
- All items AND buildings are player crafted.
- Build your own villages and towns.
- Rent out land or industrial buildings to other guilds.
- One of the first games to combine PvP, player-driven-economy and full loot in a free-to-play game.
- Death is meaningful as you can lose your whole inventory in a heartbeat.
- We, the developer, will not sell items to players. We act only as a central bank in exchanging currencies. Items and resources can only be bought from other players.
- Every player can realistically acquire every in-game item and every premium service without paying real money.
- There are no character classes in Albion Online. Your class is determined by what you are wearing!
- You can combine every item in the game. There are no boundaries as to what you can make
- Want to be a mage/knight hybrid with magical cloth armor wielding a sword and shield? In Albion Online, you can!
- Every player in Albion Online plays on one master server, in one huge game world
- Sitting in a café, playing on your tablet? You’re in the same world as your friend at home on their PC!
- Our core gameplay involves conquering territories.
- Conquering and holding territories has many advantages:
- … Access to resources and areas in which to build your village.
- … Protection from the dangers of the wild and the demons of the void.
- Realistic inventory weight management system: it’s not possible to run around with 100kg of stones on your back, IRL or in Albion Online.
- No teleports. Merchant roads are the main system of travel through the world.
- Bringing resources from one place to another can be an industry of its own.
- We offer a simple but intense Rock, paper, scissors combat system.
- You’ll find some opponents easy kills. Others pose an extreme threat based on how you both built and equipped your characters.
- Linear progression; even a high-end player will have their problems against 10 beginners.
- You territory is a strategic component in every fight.
- Special mechanics are in place to avoid zerging.
- Your territory can not be conquered by a 200-player zerg.
- There are no levels that define your power in Albion Online.
- Your power comes from what you’re wearing, what you’re carrying, what you’ve crafted.
- Your spells are crafted onto your weapons and armor, so what you wear is what you are!
- Each item has several hundred different combinations.
- Not just a graphical gimmick; at night, demons spawn and you’ll have to defend your village against them!
More questions & answers!
- We are currently running in an alpha version.
- We are hoping to start a closed beta in Q3 2014
- We hope to be able to release the game in Q4 2014.
- Albion Online is free-to-play!
- You can realistically experience everything in the game without paying with real currency even once.
- You can even exchange in game currency for premium currency.
- Apple iPad 2 and later models.
- Android Tablets.
- Client Version for Windows XP, Mac and Linux.